6/18/2011

Firebreathers

When you walk or drive down the streets of San Jose, there are people everywhere selling things, begging, juggling, and doing other things to earn money.  The knife jugglers freak me out because I'm always afraid I'm going to witness someone get stabbed, but the firebreathers fascinate me.  

In the night, I look for them.  When they start, sometimes they juggle torches of fire, and sometimes they inhale it and breathe it back out.

Everytime I watch them I wonder why.  How did they begin doing such a dangerous thing?  Don't they know it can kill them?  Does it give a thrill, a high?  

Yet, I am fascinated.  It is cool to watch.  When my spanish is better I'd like to talk to one of them.  Everybody has a story.  

What is something strange that fascinates you and why?

1 comment:

  1. First of all- so glad i found your blog my friend! & 2nd... my kiddos would LOVE to see pics of these firebreathers! :)

    Hmmm, strange & fascinating...? I think the platypus. Just never could figure that one out. HAHA Great question!

    ReplyDelete