6/13/2011

Thank the Lord the Power Went Off!

Last week I was caught up on my studies so I stayed home an extra hour in the morning.  I had in my mind what seemed like a million things I wanted to get done that day before class.

As I was drying my hair, I heard a click, the power went off.  So as cool as a cucumber I sat the blowdryer down and went onto my next task.

I thought well now would be a great time to call and pay that bill.  As I picked up the phone, I realized the phone only works through the internet and at that moment it didn't work because the electricity was off.

So I turned on my computer, pulled up my e-mail and started reading a devotion.  As I got to the middle, I needed to click on a link to read the rest, and you guessed it, it didn't work.

Next I went into the kitchen and all of the cereal was gone and the stove didn't work.  Obviously I wasn't getting to eat.

Suddenly the thought came to mind I will just sit in the Lord's presence just me and the Bible and talk with God and read His word.  I don't need an online devotion.  The Lord desires that I spend time with Him sometimes without anything else.

That morning my time with Him was wonderful and I left feeling refreshed and renewed.  Sometimes things that seem bad are a blessing in disguise.  I thank God for the power outage that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment