9/07/2011

That Woman

That woman who wears her dress a little too short or her top a little low, does God love her?  Should I love her?  

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend a human trafficking conference to learn more about the subject, to open my perspectives, and to find out what I could do to help.  It has taken me this long to blog about it because it was such a heavy subject.

My mind has been opened.  "That girl" doesn't always choose to be "that girl", and sometimes when she does at the time it's a decision she feels like she has to make.  

Too often she is marginilized and treated like trash when God sees her as beautiful.  Human trafficking is a horrible thing that is happening all over the world.  It is taking the lives of many women and children and we need to pray for God to intervene.

We also need to educate our young men about sex, about how beautiful it is, and what God's design for it really is.  If it were not for demand from men, trafficking would not happen.

"That girl" was made in the image of her Creator.  Let's stop looking at her the way we do and see her in His image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment